The DM5E family is the latest generation of portable corrosion monitoring thickness gauges form GE Sensing & Inspection Technologies. It offers significant improvement in performance over previous corrosion thickness gauges in terms of better thickness measurement stability and repeatability at normal and elevated temperatures. It has been designed for operation in the harshest of working environments, performing wall thickness measurements on pipelines, pressure vessels and storage tanks in the oil and gas industry, as well as the petrochemical and power generation sectors.
RANGE OF MEASUREMENT DISPLAYS:
• Normal: the thickness value appears as large digits in the center of the display
• MIN Scan: a minimum thickness scan that allows the user to run the probe over the wall surface. After the evaluation period, the minimum material thickness measured is displayed
• MAX Scan: a maximum thickness scan is exactly the same as a MIN Scan apart from the fact that the maximum thickness measured is displayed
• DIFF/RR%: compares the measured thickness with a user-specified nominal thickness – dimensional difference between the two values is displayed, as is the percentage difference
• B-Scan: displays a graphic representation of a B-Scan showing minimum thickness values – graph is derived by measuring and recording at 1 point per second